YKK Corporation of America
Wildwood Center, 2300 Windy Ridge Pkwy., Suite 700S
Atlanta, Georgia 30339 USA
How and When We Collect Your Information
We use a number of cookies on our website, mainly to help us improve the website and enhance your experience when you visit the site. This Cookie Notice sets out details about these cookies, what they’re used for and what your options are with regards to their use.
Cookies are small text files stored on your device by a website you visit. Cookies can be used for many reasons such as visitor analytics, maintaining logged in users, managing e-commerce website transactions, etc.
There are different kinds of cookies that may be used:
- Essential cookies are needed so that the website you are visiting can function.
- Non-essential, non-intrusive cookies are cookies not required for the website to work, but can be used to enhance the performance of the website or provide anonymous, useful information to the website owner (such we website statistics).
- Non-essential, intrusive cookies that are used to store personal data or track website visitor behavior (either across the website or a number of websites).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are used by third-party services we may use on our websites, such as YouTube or advertising services. We have no control or access to these cookies.
Session cookies are active only during the period you are logged on to www.ykkamericas.com and are removed when you leave. They help us track the sections of the website that you use to allow us to make improvements in keeping with observed user preferences.
Permanent cookies remain on your hard drive until you remove them through your browser’s Internet security settings. Permanent cookies are used to store user preferences such as preferred language and thus eliminate your having to make the same entries on each visit.
When you visit our website (www.ykkamericas.com) we use the following cookies.
- (_gat, _ga, _gat_UA, _gid); Non-essential, non-intrusive; Anonymized website visitor statistics. We use Google Analytics to collect standard information about visitors to our site and their behavior (e.g., what pages they viewed). The data provided by Google Analytics is anonymized and in no way enables us to identify individual visitors. For more information about how Google Analytics cookies work, visit: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
- (_icl_current_language); Required; This cookie name is associated with a WordPress multilingual plug-in from WPML. It stores a language value for the website. Expires in 24 hours.
- (wpml_referer_url); Required; Used when first entering the Site; Stores the last requested URL on the front-end; Expires 1 day from creation/update.
- Our website uses HubSpot’s marketing software to optimize the journey of our customers through our website. We use HubSpot to collect your name, contact information, company name, and interested product information. Additionally, HubSpot’s tracking code sets a number of tracking cookies when you visit our website. For details on the cookies used by HubSpot, visit https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/what-cookies-does-hubspot-set-in-a-visitor-s-browser.
While it is possible to use www.ykkamericas.com by having your browser’s Internet security set such that it will not accept cookies, your online experience may be greatly reduced.
Our cookies are not tied to personally identifiable information.
How We Use Personal Information
YKK Corporation of America collects personal information, and we use it to provide our services, improve our services, stay in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share or disclose your information to the following categories of third parties and for the following reasons:
- To third party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Services and provide other administrative services to us.
- We may share your personal information in the course of any direct or indirect reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government agencies, and other related third parties, in order to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
When you contact YKK Corporation of America, you provide YKK Corporation of America with your implied consent to use your information to fulfill your request. You may withdraw your consent at any time by opting out of emails or by contacting us at (770) 261-6120 or email@example.com.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
YKK Corporation of America will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected without your explicit consent or as required by law.
Links to Third Party Sites
Social Media Widgets
You have a right to access your personal information held by YKK Corporation of America. You may access your personal information by contacting YKK Corporation of America us at (770) 261-6120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
YKK Corporation of America is required to delete personal data when it is no longer required for a legitimate purpose. YKK Corporation of America upholds your right to deletion without any need for you to make a formal request.
Notice for California Residents
1) Personal Information Collected
Under California law, we are required to provide information about the categories of personal information we have collected in the past twelve (12) months. We have collected the following categories of personal information:
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, email address, account name, Passport number, or other similar identifiers.|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||A name, address, telephone number, passport number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age (40 years or older), national origin, citizenship, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions).|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.|
2. Cross-border Data Transfer
Each YKK Group company may transfer personal information to our overseas bases, or to other foreign countries. Personal information to be transferred includes data on customers, business partners, and employees in our Group. YKK Group companies will legally transfer this data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. You acknowledge you understand that by providing your personal information: (i) your personal information will be used for the uses identified above in accordance with this CALIFORNIA PRIVACY STATEMENT; and (ii) your personal information may be transferred to other jurisdictions as indicated above, in accordance with applicable law.
3. Your Privacy Rights
If you wish to request disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, erasure, suspension of third-party provision, exercise of any claim or other right specified by other laws or regulations, or notification of the purpose of use (hereinafter referred to as “Claims, etc.”) with respect to the contents of the retained personal information held by each YKK Group company, please contact us regarding personal information protection at email@example.com.
In particular, California residents have the following rights:
Right to Know – California consumers have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, and information about our sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties.
Right to Delete – California consumers have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale – California consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. Please note we do not “sell” your personal information, as that term is defined in the CCPA.
Right to Non-Discrimination – California consumers have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
If you would like to exercise one or more of the above rights, please contact us at (770) 261-6120 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need you to provide additional information to verify your request, such as providing certain data elements so that we can confirm they match the personal information already maintained by us. We will not use this additional information for anything other than handling your request. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request in certain circumstances on your behalf. Such authorized agent must be registered with the California Secretary of State.
We will provide information on action taken on these requests without undue delay and in any event within 45 days of receipt of the request. That period may be extended once by 45 where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. We will inform you of any such extension within 45 days of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay.
Additionally, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents and who have an established business relationship with us to request, once a year, certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Please note, at this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) settings in your browser.
4. Notice Regarding Public Posting Areas
Some websites of YKK Group companies feature content such as chats, forums (conference room), bulletin boards, news groups and e-mail exchanges (collectively, “public posting areas”). Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any public posting area may be available to anyone with Internet access. When using services in this way, please provide information at your own risk and discretion. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
5. Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices or this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.