SOFLEX® zipper is a stretchable and flexible zipper. Both tape and element stretch about 10% by 1kg load.
We recommend this zipper use for apparel in general, especially stretchable garment such as sports wear, inner wear and compression wear.
It is also suitable for curved application such as pockets, sleeves and hood.
Stretch Standard vs SOFLEX®
Flexibility Standard vs SOFLEX®
We do not recommend this zipper for luggage/bags as some of its strengths do not match those of a standard zipper.
[Available tape colors]
Standard 24 colors (DTM is not available)
[Washing/Dry cleaning/ Ironing]
* Please close the zipper when washing /drying.
* Petroleum dry cleaning is suitable. Chlorine dry cleaning is not advisable.
* Please press with a damp cloth and iron at below 130℃.
* The same sewing method can be used for the SOFLEX™ zipper as for a standard zipper since it has no effect on the zipper’s stretch.
– The following might inhibit zipper stretch:
+ When using fusible interlining (a tape that prevents stretch)
+ When the number of sewing times is above average.
+ When trimming a tape edge.
+ When the sewing pitches are too wide.
+ When the seams are too tight.
* The SOFLEX™ zipper is recommended for curved applications.
– Please note that a small diameter curve (under R100mm) might prevent operation of the zipper.
In addition, notch cutting the zipper tape is not advisable.